I had an idea of the following workflow and features:
- 1) User opens page.
2) Ajax request queries GEOIP API to get closest/best T2s based on the client's network.
3) User is presented with ability to enter: DN/IP Address, Query Type, Server(s) to query.
4) User submits query
- If user did not enter server(s), the GEOIP results are used.
- If NXDOMAIN or SERVFAIL, attempt querying other T2s to see if it is an isolated issue.
- Query non-OpenNIC DNS resolvers if the user requests to give a comparison.
5) Display results to user
6) If a failure, list some troubleshooting steps/info.
Looking Glasses would be whitelisted so it would also avoid any issues caused by clients not being properly whitelisted.